Become a Friend

By supporting The Friends of Raymond you can be part of the preservation of two working boats that form part of our canal heritage and have the opportunity to get involved.

Existing Friends

Click here to renew your support and pay using Paypal or Credit / Debit Card
Click here to renew your support and pay by Bank Transfer

New Friends

Click here to become a Friend and pay using Paypal or Credit / Debit Card
Click here to become a Friend and pay by Bank Transfer

A Note About Gift Aid

When you apply to become a Friend of The Friends of Raymond, we ask if you would like to sign the Gift Aid declaration, as this applies to payments as well as donations.

When The Friends of Raymond receives a donation from a UK taxpayer, we are entitled to claim an amount of tax (calculated at the basic rate of income tax in that year) paid on that donation. Once you have given your permission for us to do this on your behalf (by completing the Gift Aid declaration above), there is no need for you to do anything else. All that is required is that the amount of income and/or capital gains tax you pay in a given tax year (6th April one year to 5th April next year) is at least equal to the amount of tax claimed by all charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs on all your donations. As this amount is calculated over the whole tax year, there is no requirement that tax is paid regularly – it is purely a question of how much has been paid in the tax year as a whole. Other taxes such as Council Tax or VAT do not qualify for Gift Aid.

The amount of tax we claim will be 25% of the total value of your donations in that tax year.

Furthermore, if you are a higher tax payer, you are also entitled to claim the difference between the basic rate which we will claim and the amount of tax you have actually paid. For further details on how you can do this, please contact your tax office. If your tax situation changes and your gifts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme, please contact us and we will amend your record accordingly.

Please notify us if you: want to cancel this declaration; change your name or home address; no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.