Recent outings and incomes
From our Secretary:
We have recently attended two events and the results of our efforts are as follows:
- At Foxton Locks Festival we took £229.36 – £190.30 from sales and £39.06 in donations;
- At Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally the weather was atrocious on Saturday and seriously affected our sales. On Sunday it was dry but there were not the usual crowds of people attending so this affected our sales also. As a result we did not do so well and in fact it was our worst year since 2008. We took a total of £389.35 – £337.70 from sales and £51.65 in donations. But we signed up one new member on Sunday.
Overall it was well worth putting in the effort to attend these two events. We are, as ever, grateful to everybody who helped by crewing the boats, sales and showrounds, and to everyone who visited us.
We have also received at Braunston 4 generous donation cheques:
- for £100 from the Waterways Guild of Artists;
- for £150 from Wharf House Narrowboats;
- for £1000 from BCBM for supporting their Boat Share weekend back in April;
- finally, we received the large cardboard cut out of a cheque from Braunston Marina for £2000 for supporting their Historic Narrowboat Rally. The official payment will follow later.
Many thanks to these organisations for their vital support of The Friends of Raymond.